SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Strange error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 pm    
Post subject: Strange error message

Hi Alan,
I am been getting a number of clients that get a strange error message when they fill in the Extra User Information fields and hit Submit. The system responds with the following:

[b]Notice: Undefined index: session_username in C:\Program Files\FirstSpot\authserv\fs_ReqSignUp.php on line 68

Notice: Undefined index: session_password in C:\Program Files\FirstSpot\authserv\fs_ReqSignUp.php on line 69

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Parameter 4: Type mismatch. ' in C:\Program Files\FirstSpot\authserv\fs_ReqSignUp.php:76 Stack trace: #0 C:\Program Files\FirstSpot\authserv\fs_ReqSignUp.php(76): com->Authenticate(NULL, NULL, '1074205706', '75953264861696', 'Mozilla/4.0 (co...') #1 {main} thrown in C:\Program Files\FirstSpot\authserv\fs_ReqSignUp.php on line 76
[/b]

I think I have narrowed it down a bit, as it seems to only be happening to clients who are using Internet Explorer as their browser. I haven't seen this problem on any client is using Firefox for their browser.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to make this go away?

Thanks for your help.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:54 am    
Post subject:

What version of FirstSpot are you current using?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:42 am    
Post subject:

Premium Edition 6.0.8
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 am    
Post subject:

Looks like session cookies are blocked in client side. Can you try using another browser? Also, make sure there is no personal firewall blocking session cookies in the client side.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:25 pm    
Post subject:

This happened even when Cookies are not being blocked, and with no firewall in place on a client that just had this problem. I can't really dictate to clients that they must use another browser.....this is in an RV Park, and clients come and go all the time. Also, if the client can't enter the Extra Information fields he can't get online, so there is no way for him to get another browser.

Any other suggestions to cure this?
Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:38 pm    
Post subject:

Any progress on finding a solution for this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: