SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Newbie with an idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gallus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:33 am    
Post subject: Newbie with an idea.

Hi, I have been asked by a client of mine to look in to creating a wireless hotspot over their apartment complex. The complex covers approximately 26 acres with buildings scattered over the entire area. Their main aim is to be able to offer wireless to the residents by having them go through a login with the apartment complex logo on it. This would then leave it up to the residents to make monthly payments instead of adding it on to the rent.
Now from what I know so far about wireless I understand I will need various access points around the complex, these should be connected to wireless bridges which would then be picked up by the main wireless transmitter at the office before being connected to a fibre running from the office to the internet? Am I right or am I thinking about this completely wrong?
If this is right what have I missed out? Do I need a router? Does it have to be a fibre or can it be a standard adsl. Who would we actually pay as an isp???
I really am new to the whole hotspot creation business and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Kevin Hunter
Rowdy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:47 pm    
Post subject:

I think this question is a bit too generic for this forum.
Contact me privately, I'd be happy to explain some things to you, and I have quite some experience with setting up wireless connections.
E-mail me at r o w d y @ v i n c i s . n l
Leave out the spaces in the e-mail address. (they are there to prevent spam)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: