SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

New Install - user limit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:32 pm    
Post subject: New Install - user limit?

I am in the process of recommending First Spot to one of my clients. They have three outlets - 2 hotels and a city centre bar. Can you tell me of anything i should be aware of relating to any limits on the number of concurrent users. Also what demands are placed on the systems by user numbers etc.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:25 am    
Post subject:

You can consider installing each location a FirstSpot machine - which can eliminate the hassle of setting up routers/direct link to a central hub site running FirstSpot. Optionally, if you want to allow customers to use their accounts at any of the 3 locations; you can make all FirstSpot machines to use the same user database - which will an MySQL or MS-SQL database hosted on the Internet.

For concurrent users, FirstSpot's scalability should be more than enough for a normal hotspot premises. If you can let us know (firstspot@patronsoft.com) your planned numbers, we can provide further reccommendation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:56 am    
Post subject:

Thanks for the info Kevin. The anticipated user count is as follows:-
up to 108 room guests, up to 50 conference clientelle with a passing trade of up to 100 users. How does this fit in with the First Spot capabilities and what hardware considerations should I make???
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:05 am    
Post subject:

With the number of users you mentioned, FirstSpot should have no problem to support that. As FirstSpot does not put much burden on CPU, any one with 1.x or above GHz will do. You can start with using 512MB and add more when the loading increases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: