SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Basic Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
segovia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:28 pm    
Post subject: Basic Info

Hi

Does Firstspot install it own web-server, I.e can it be installed on a PC ?

I just want users to enter an email address to authenticate is this possible ?

Where is user date stored and it what format i.e all the email addresses of the users who have gained access?

Does the MAC authentication have a time limit I.e after 4 hours user will need to re-authenticate?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:06 am    
Post subject:

1) Yes, FirstSpot installs its own version of Apache web server and PHP modules. Please make sure you don't have those in your existing Windows PC before installing FirstSpot

2) Yes, you can use our Email Verification feature (which is tied to Self Signup feature), which can be enabled under Configuration Manager -> Authentication Server. See the below image:

They need to input their email during Self Sign-up, and they have 10 minutes to click on the link within the email.

3) The Signup Time is stored in field signuptime of the table fsusr. The email is stored in the field emailVer of the table fsusr and it can be extract using SQL or MS Access. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.

4) Optionally, you can configure the setting Maximum time limit per session under Dispatcher (Main), which force user to re-login after a certain period. Refer to chapter 3 of firstspot_guide.pdf for more explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:56 am    
Post subject:

Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: