SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Modifying the default login screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duanh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:08 pm    
Post subject: Modifying the default login screen

Hi there,

I’m trying modify how the default login_form.php page works and I’ve run into a peculiar issue.

Here’s a quick overview of what I’m trying to achieve:

I’ve created a new landing page which is a very basic HTML page that has two links to two different login pages on it. Let’s call it index.php for reference sake.

These two different login pages are called a_login_form.php and b_login_form.php. They are both copies of login_form.php (one has been modified to have a hidden hardcoded password – ie. Only have a username field) and both fully work (authenticate and redirect).

Now this is where the problem comes in. It’s a bit of a weird way of doing this so please bear with me (I do this to get around having to change the vhosts file and restarting apache as there are quite a few users online). I take the contents of the index.php file and replace the default login_form.php contents with it, so now I am directed to a simple page with two links on it when I haven’t authenticated yet. When I click on either one of the links it just sends me back to login_form.php instead of either going to a_login_form.php or b_login_form.php.

The even stranger thing is that when I visit a replica of login_form.php with a different name by manually typing it into the browser it allows me to visit those URLs and I can authenticate successfully. It just won’t let me reach those files if I’m coming from the DirectoryIndex file specified in the httpd- fsvhosts config file.

Could there be something in the vhosts file preventing me from doing what I’m trying to do? I’m using the 8.0.4 Advanced Edition if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:45 pm    
Post subject:

First, you might want to clear the cache to smarty template. Just remove the files under templates_c subdirectory (backup them first), and then restart Apache server.

Officially, we recommend you only customize the login_form_body.tpl file. Just treat it as a plain html file with the username and password fields in the form. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for sample and guideline for this kind of customization.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: