SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Cannot Disconnect user in status menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickNick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 am    
Post subject: Cannot Disconnect user in status menu

I'm on my way to find a replacement for Antamedia and so far so good with your trial version. I have had a few minor issues that I was able to resolve by reading through the forum.
One issue though that I cannot find an answer to is, my having a problem disconnecting/deleting a user in the status menu.
Initially, I created an account in the Users menu and logged in using my smartphone only. The account has been deleted and when the devices wi-fi has been turned off, then on, it shows up again in the status page and allowed full access. Ticking the checkbox and selecting Delete does nothing, just reapears.
I have tried restarting FirstSpot with the device not connected but it shows up again with full access. Client Filter tab shows nothing either. I have not logged in with my laptop and I am getting the Login Splash page, so it is doing it's job but I cannot remove a past device and prevent it from accessing the web even though the account and the associated devices have been deleted.
Any Ideas?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:51 am    
Post subject:

How do you setup your user? Are you using Login Once user attribute?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:57 am    

Initially yes, I did select the Login Once user attribute. However, as stated in my original post the account has been deleted. I had assumed that if an account was deleted then all associated information such as Username, Passsword, settings and MAC addresses would also be deleted for that account.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 am    
Post subject:

This is a known problem and it is already fixed in v8.0.10.

Please download our latest version at http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/download_trial.html. Since this is a new deployment, I suggest you do a uninstall/reinstall (even though our setup support upgrade).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:26 pm    

Thanks, I'll give it try later today. I was using 8.0.9 that was downloaded just a day ago
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:08 am    
Post subject:

Any feedback on your test on the v8.0.10?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: