SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How to show a custom error page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 am    
Post subject: How to show a custom error page

Hi again,

Is there any way to show a custom error page when there's no internet access on the firstspot machine?
The setup will be on a boat which do the crossing between 2 islands, the internet go through a wimax connection but there are some spots where the connection is slow or not working at all. I'd like to show a custom page when that happens.

I can put a custom 404 page for the gateway page with some little VirtualHost tweaking, is there any way to bypass external website http errors? (for example: to show our custom 404 page when there's a 404 error on google)

The purpose of the 2 questions is basically the same.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:21 am    
Post subject:

For page resided in the FirstSpot itself, I believe you can tweak some virtual host setting.

But for external sites, it requires some enhancements to FirstSpot to achieve this. Currently, you can only change 404 page for FirstSpot (gateway) page.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:42 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you for the answers.

I did the virtual host tweak for FirstSpot.

Is it possible to do the FirstSpot enhancements myself? If so do you know where do I begin to achieve that?

I have another question, is it possible to change the default page that appears when you access firstspot for the first time? I don't want it to be "login_form.php" anymore.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 am    
Post subject:

For the external site enhancements, no as we need to change the driver to intercept the 404 packets.

As for changing login page, you can change logo and most of the text under Configuration Manager -> UI Customization. For deeper customization, you can change login_form_body.tpl (which is really a html file) directly. Please refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for a guideline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: