SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Almost There with Paypal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watertime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:48 pm    
Post subject: Almost There with Paypal

have firstspot at address xxx.xxx.xxx.218 external address
have mySQL at xxx.xxx.xxx.220 external address

In firstspot success,failure and IPN notify is set to the 218 address: at Paypal IPN is set to "o"n with url to none.

when i pay thru PayPal it shows up in the ppal table but there are no more entries after currency (IE. status, user id, etc.) Is this normal?

After i pay it does show up in the ppal table it does not update the user account with time. The fuser table says that there is no usage time left, yet the ppal table shows 60 min. should there be a primary key on the ppal table to link it with the fsuser table?

I look thru the post but not see anything talking about this.

Thanks,

Jim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:50 am    
Post subject:

Did you hit the cart.php page *after* signing up an account?

Please send us the following file (firstspot@patronsoft.com):

- paypal_txn.log under the FirstSpot\Log directory

By the way, you said:

"when i pay thru PayPal it shows up in the ppal table but there are no more entries after currency (IE. status, user id, etc.) Is this normal?"

This is normal.

And you said:

"should there be a primary key on the ppal table to link it with the fsuser table?"

The tables are actually not linked. We enforce the integrity at the code level instead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:00 pm    
Post subject:

I am having the exactlt the same problem ...
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:02 am    
Post subject:

Hello darrynfisher,

watertime's problem was due to the setting of his broadband router. After he opened the correct port forwarding at the router (which allows PayPal's postback traffic to come inside his network); everything was resolved.

By default, FirstSpot tells PayPal to post back all transaction details to http://your_internet_ip:5789/ppal_ipn.php. If you have a broadband router between FirstSpot and the Internet, you'll have to make sure the incoming traffic (through port 5789) will NOT be blocked by your broadband router.

Also, if you're using MySQL or MS-SQL, please create your FirstSpot tables using SQL statements *copied* from the manual. Do not manually create the tables using the interactive console OR typing the statements yourself - which very often will result incorrect tables format.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:35 am    
Post subject:

Hello darrynfisher,

We've received your paypal transaction log. As you have that file, it means your port settings are correct.

May I know if you're using MySQL or MS-SQL?

If you're using MySQL, which admin software you're using? phpMyAdmin? or Control Center?

After examing the log file, we believe it is very likely due to incorrect table definition. Please let us know the DB & admin client combination and we can give you detailed instructions to create the right tables accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:11 pm    
Post subject:

Kevin

I am using MySQL an I used MySQL Control Center to create the tables.
darrynfisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:48 am    
Post subject:

Kevin

I have recreated the DB per your instructions but this is still not working, the paypal_txn file is fine and is receiveg the updates from paypal , this does not seem to get passed to the firstspot engine as the user remains at 0 mins of time remaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: