SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

FirstSpot built in Database - some additional questions too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilbertv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:04 am    
Post subject: FirstSpot built in Database - some additional questions too.

Hi.

Okay, I'm doing my homework before I dive in to this wireless thing... spent 2 hours or more reading your website and forums... plan to read more... still need some answers for now...

1. According to this previous post (http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207) , I don't need to install MySQL or other database because your software has it's built in database, correct? I really don't want to manage any databases.

2. I've yet to play around with the software, but the 30 day trial seems kinda short especially if I'll be trying to learn how to use it and implement it in different ways... besides, still trying to raise money for Cyber Cafe and possible rural residential wireless access and doing all the homework before hand is necessary....

A. Is there a way you can limit usage of the software for 1 (one) user
for 1 hour or 30 minutes instead of a trial run of 30 days...?

or

B. Do I have to uninstall the software, and then reinstall it to allow for another 30 day trial? Don't really want to do that....

3. I'm considering offering wireless access in a cyber cafe setting and also offer wireless access in a small rural town where I live. I know you don't like to mention names for other products in the forums, but can you please point me in the right direction, email me, as to what type of equipment I would need to offer wireless access in a small town? I need to be able to cover about 5 square miles of flat land.

Thank you in advance.

GV
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:38 pm    
Post subject:

1) correct

2) While we certainly understand your situation, we need to differentiate between the trial and the paid version. We feel that FirstSpot is quite stable as a product and 30 days hopefully is enough for you to evaluate the features.

3) I will send you a email later

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:04 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you for responding so quickly. I look forward to your email hardware advice.

Concerning question #2: I totally understand the 30 day evaluation period should be sufficient to learn the software, etc.. but my concern was not the software itself, rather the many different hardware solutions I need time to research and test (if feasible) prior to going Live with a Cyber Cafe and hopefully the WISP thing in my town. Anyway, seems like my hands are full at the moment with all the reading and learning that I need to do. Thank you again, and I await your email at your convenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: