SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Thinking about try the system out but looking for some info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANLink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm    
Post subject: Thinking about try the system out but looking for some info

I'm looking at start WISP services, with hotspot access in areas.

Basically speaking, I'm looking for a package which is 'all-in-one' solution effectively - Captive portal, PayPal billing, radius (creating, managing users), reports, user tracker (if possible), own branding and centrally managed from one point. But from the network diagrams for the ways in which this software can be used - it seems that the server needs to be placed between the internet and the access points.

What I'm looking to have is mutli internet feeds at all different locations running hot spots - but using the software as the billing/captive/user management - much like how services such has WifiGator works.

So really what I'm trying to find out is if I setup a internet feed anyway for a hotspot location will this software handle everything?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm    
Post subject:

FirstSpot can do all features you described, but it does need to install somewhere between AP and your Internet connection.

Note that FirstSpot can work with any AP brands, while the solution you mentioned has specific AP requirements. Also, we support credit card "live update", i.e. the client does not need to re-login if he pays using PayPal. I am pretty sure (based on customer feedback) the solution you mention cannot do that (i.e. need to logout/re-login).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: