SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

NIC Dropping out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipcrist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:52 am    
Post subject: NIC Dropping out

Having issues where FirstSpot can be up for anywhere from 30 minutes to 18 hours and then the system loses all connectivity with its NICs. Unable to repair/disable or anything. System restart fixes the problem for another 30 minutes to 18 hours. Seems to be a FirstSpot issue (probably with my hardware) because I can't get it to occur unless FirstSpot is installed. Apache continues to work after failure. System log does not record anything.

I have installed an Intel 10/100/1000Mbps PCI PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter but have not yet used it because I don't have the license transferred over yet (hoping this will work and prove it's a motherboard issue). The intel did not have any ethernet cables plugged into it during the post recent 'freeze' and so I plugged in a cable to my router and it configured and was able to access the internet without difficulty...so it definitely isn't a System-wide networking issue, just the ports Firstspot is actively using.

Any ideas?

Basic System Config:
XFX 790i Ultra Motherboard with dual gigabit ethernet
4gb DDR3 RAM
500gb HD
2.66ghz Core 2 Quad
XP Pro SP3 (tried server 2003, server 2008 and it does the same thing)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: