SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horaceB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 pm    
Post subject: question

So I want to implement a captive portal on my network, so that users have to sign in before they gain access to the network. I want this to be applicable for my whole network, in other words, does firstspot act as a "sub-router" with it's own NAT , meaning firstspot users would be on their own subnet, or can it essentially act transparently, so that my central cisco router is still handling all the routing.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:20 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot acts as a NAT router with its own subnet. Note that you can turn off NAT within FirstSpot (available in Advanced Edition only) and then FirstSpot will still act as a router but without NAT. In that case, you need to setup return route in your next-hop router. Refer to chapter 3 (NAT section) of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

Also, please check out http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html for a typical network topology of FirstSpot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: