SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Senao NL-3054CB3 High Power Access Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:50 pm    
Post subject: Senao NL-3054CB3 High Power Access Point

Hello,

I picked up a Senao NL-3054CB3 High Power Access Point and can't get it to go. I had it up and running perfectly with Firstspot but moved it, reset it, and I don't remember what I did to make it work before. I'm still experamenting, trying to justify the project. I think I had both the DHCP server and DHCP client clicked on but I'm not sure. But I know I had the firstspot DHCP set to 209.193.72.2 when it was working.

Documentation for this Access Point is at http://www.senao.com.tw/english/product/product_wireless01_outdoor_1.asp?tp1id=02&tp2id=02&proid=000107

The unit was set to Access Point mode, not Bridge, when it was working and I'm pretty sure it was nearly default on the settings other than the SSID.

If anyone has had any experiance with this unit, I could sure use a little walk through. Will keep trying on this end. Like I say, I'm still testing to see if the project is viable.

Thanks

Tim
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:45 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Using "Access Point" mode in your model should be fine. Please disable the DHCP server inside your access point; otherwise it will create confusion to the network as FirstSpot also has one built-in.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:35 pm    
Post subject: Still a no go

I think I should have written down what I did last week to get this to work. It really seems like it was mostly default on the settings on the access point. But I'm not sure.

Right now, everything is factory default except the Access Point mode, DHCP is clicked off, and the SSID is changed. These setting don't work, I get an IP of 169.254.140 and the DNS says Not Avaliable on the testing computer when I log in.

On Firstspot, the Dispatcher page is default. I'm sure I had to change the DNS in Firstspot to my DNS. This still doesn't work, with the same results from above, the IP has changed to 169.254.99.160.

When I set up, I'm not changing the dns or default gateway in the Access point or lan card, the lan card is blank under DNS and the Access point is 192.168.1.2 under DNS and 0.0.0.0 for a default gateway. Should any of this be changed.

The way I read the Firstspot docs, everything should mostly be default.

Thanks Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:11 pm    
Post subject: Still trying.

Hi I've spent the last couple days trying to get this to work.

I can obtain the 10. IP addresses on the access point with wireless but that's as far as it goes.

I hooked the Linksys back up and it works fine with Firstspot. Thinking I could hook the Access point to the Linksys, I can still obtain 10. IPs but then it just stops. To do that I had to set the Access Point IP gateway to the Linsys IP address.

The linksys is nearly completely default in it's settings except SSID and it's IP to 192.168.21.1. Doing the same on the access point doesn't work.

Still trying... Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:56 pm    
Post subject: Got It. (I Think)

Settings that work.

Wiring;

Computer, crossover cable, Linksys wireless router, strait cable, Access point.
Computer and access point are plugged into ports one and two of the llnksys.
The crossover cable can probly be a strait cable.

Setup;

Firstspot, Normal, no changes.

Computer card to router properties,
IP 192.168.21.21
Default Gateway 192.168.21.1 (change to .2 to get into Access Point)
DNS Blank

Linksys router,
Changed password, SSID & Channel
Disable DHCP
LAN IP 192.168.21.1

Senao NL-3054 CB3 High Power Access Point.
Set to Access Point under operation
Changed Password, SSID & Channel
Lan IP 192.168.21.2
Default Gateway 192.168.21.1
Changed Acces Point Name
Disable DHCP
Set Primary and Secondary DNS to 0.0.0.0
Turned on PSM mode under advanced wireless.

I've shut down and restarted several times and it's still working with this configuration.

I hope this helps anyone else that gets one of these.

Tim
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:19 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Thanks for sharing with us your findings!

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: