SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Backup of user data in new V5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erwinvanderslik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 pm    
Post subject: Backup of user data in new V5

Its great that V5 will offer a backup solution so that server 2 will take it over from server 1 in case this one crashes.

However I really think that PatronSoft should develop a tool that in the background exports, copies and imports user data from server 1 to server 2 on a frequent basis. A backup server is a fine addition to Firstspot but when the result is that a user account which expired on server 1 is valid on the backup server again just because you manually export userdata and import them on the backup server just once every 24 hours I will not be happy from a commercial point of view.That of course besides the fact that I do not like it to have a manual job to do every day as computers are more or less found out to do those things.

Q1. @ PatronSoft: can this easily be added?
Q2. @ other users: please post your opinion on this suggestion please to give Alan and the guys an impression if you support me or not..!

Erwin van der Slik.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: