SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Service won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alantexas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:25 pm    
Post subject: Service won't start

I just installed FirstSpot and logged into the web-based admin (WITH a client PC connected on the private LAN part). I tried to start the service, and the status changed to "Starting", only to change back to "Stopped" right away.

Any ideas, folks? Are there log files I can check to determine why FirstStop keeps "Stop"ping?

Thanks,
Alan
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:58 am    
Post subject:

First, you might want to start FirstSpot in the FirstSpot machine (instead of remotely), at least initially as a test.

If your FirstSpot is stopped shortly after you press the start button and without any error shown, most likely our FirstHop network driver is not installed correctly. Can you go to "Device Manager" to see if there is any thing abnormal? Or you might want to reinstall FirstSpot?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:56 pm    
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply.

I have been trying to start FirstSpot on the local machine. Sorry about the confusion on that.

I checked "Device Manager" and everything seemed normal, nothing flagged. What am I looking for?

I re-installed FirstSpot yesterday (un-installed, rebooted, re-installed, rebooted again).

Is FirstSpot not Windows Server 2003 compatible, perhaps? Or could there be something else?

Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 pm    
Post subject:

FirstSpot is Windows 2003 compatible.

After you install FirstSpot, you should be able to see a FirstHop driver under Device Manager -> View -> Show hidden devices...

Also, make sure your Windows allow unsigned driver to install.

If you still have issues, can you post your firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under FirstSpot\log directory for further analysis?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:35 am    
Post subject: Having Same Problem

I am having the same problem as the previous user.

I have connected my internet connection to one NIC, and have also connected my AP to a separate NIC on the same computer.

However, firstspot will not start. I have verified that the internet works on the machine. The internet does not work on the AP, and I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 from a computer connected to the AP.

However, when I disconnect the AP, and plug it in to the router that my internet modem is connected to, the internet works from the client computer of the AP, and I can ping 192.168.1.1

I have tried a few things on the configuration page, but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:05 am    
Post subject:

tijis, you problem maybe different than alantexas one.

The obvious question is, did you see any specific error message in the Configuration Manager (see the bottom message windows)? Please check the error.log file also. Can you describe a bit more on your problem?

Also, can you see the FirstHop driver installed in your machine correctly (see the description above)?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:23 pm    
Post subject:

OK. I will look into that.

I thought I had checked the Device Manager, and I saw some new drivers associated with my network cards once I allowed hidden drivers.

Will the drivers say 'firstspot' in the name? Thanks for the help!
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:36 pm    
Post subject:

Our driver is called "FirstHop".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: