SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Problems With Apache Starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:48 am    
Post subject: Problems With Apache Starting

Hi,

I've been running the Firstspot system for a number of months in my office and haven't had any problem.

Last week the pc with the applications running on it was turned off (Via Power Cable being pulled out) accidently when doing some routine cabling.

The pc was connected back up and rebooted but since then the Apache service is not starting. I can start the Firstspot service ok and can get an IP address when connecting but I'm now unable to view the landing page and the configuration manager on the pc it self.

I've tryed starting the Apache from the services window and no luck. Also I've tryed Apache.exe but get presented with the following error;

Syntax Error on line 1050 of c:/program files/firstspot/www/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

each octet must be between 0 and 255 inclusive
Note the errors or message above, and press the <Esc> key to exit. 30...

Just wondered if you had any idea's on how I can resolve this issue as I've got members of staff in need to use the facility.

I'd appreciate a speedy response.

Kind Regards

James
z_harlowmah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:06 am    
Post subject: Sorry I forgot to Logon,

Also,

I've have created a profile but forgot to logon when I created the post.

Regards

James
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:28 am    
Post subject:

Looks like your httpd.conf is corrupted. Do you have a backup? Otherwise, you may need to reinstall FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:29 am    
Post subject:

Looks like the same problem I'm having! but I've tried re-installing firstspot several times. Don't work.

Alan I must not be the only one who is having this problem but I can say I did not have this problem until I checked:
-Allow configuration manager access from Wi-Fi Hotspot
and
Allow configuration manager access from the public network (e.g. Internet)

After checking those boxes I'm unable to get into firstspot to do anything but after I did that fix on line 1050 I can get into it and uncheck those boxes and it works fine, I bet this guy has those checked also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: