SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User Activation and Shopping Cart issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouseonmars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:47 am    
Post subject: activation error

Hi Folks, I have also been trialling the latest version for the last couple of days and also ran into the activation error when creating new accounts or when trying to log back in. I found that the setting relating to the connection idle timeout something to do with it. I set this timeout up to 90 mins so it wouldn't effect the session and I was able to logout of an account and then log back in as much as i wanted without the error. However I still wasn't able to create an account and log in without the error. Cheers fron Tassie! Jonathon.
mouseonmars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:49 am    
Post subject: ready to buy

Hi folks at Patronsoft, we have been trialling your software for 4 days now. This is a very nice piece of work and we can't wait to get it working in our cyberlounge. We are purchasing the enterprise version and are ready to buy. However, we have to resolve this issue of not being able to assign new users without getting the "this account has not been activated" error, otherwise there doesn't seem a lot of point. is there any indication of when this bug will be resolved, cheers, jonathon.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:00 am    
Post subject:

1) Are you using v3 beta 2?

2) please email us ( firstspot@patronsoft.com ) the config.ini file

3) Also, when the error occurs again, please send us all the files under "datasource" and "log" subdirectory.

Thank you and we will get this resolved asap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:49 am    
Post subject: more tests

Thank you Allen I will do a couple more tests and get that info off to you asap. One thing i have noticed is that the new member name does eventually become active. I am just trying to work out at the moment what the time delay is for this to happen. Cheers, jonathon.
kruza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:36 pm    
Post subject:

I am also having this same problem, we a keen to implement this software but need to find a fix for this activation issue or find out what it is we are doing incorrectly. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing to the user account, it happens when ever I seem to change any setting or feature then save the account details. I can't seem to login for quote sometime, not sure on the length it takes till it sorts itself though.

We are using the v3 final also.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:06 am    
Post subject:

Hi Kruza and Mouseonmars

Please send me your zipped datasource folder, log folder and config.ini file under the \program files\firstspot directory to firstspot@patronsoft.com for further investigation.
Also, tell me which user is having problem and the error message after logging in.

Thank you
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am    
Post subject:

Thank you, kruza.

We have found out the activation problem is releated to the day light saving changes. Users who are in the day light saving regions might be affected.

This will be fix in our next update.

In the mean time, you can do the folloing for testing purpose:

1, go to Control Panel -> Date and Time
2, go to Time Zone tab
3, uncheck box "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes."
4, open the configuration manager
5, create your own new users
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: