SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Multiple Devices Same User

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimiD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 pm    
Post subject: Multiple Devices Same User

Hello,

Does the software allow for the same username/password on multiple devices? What are the billing options for this? For example, a public user creates an account and adds funds from their credit card, enough for 1 hour of access. They want to use a few devices under the same account for the same 1hr duration (i.e. starting when the first device connects; stopped when the last disconnects). Can I limit the number of devices they use under the same account? Can I do aggregate vs. divisional hour logging, for example two devices connected for 10 minutes would incur a 20-minute usage charge VS a 10-minute usage charge regardless of number of devices.

Thank you in advance.

(Also, I do not appreciate my password being emailed to me in clear text. This is a breach of privacy as email is not secure. Please do not send clear text passwords in emails.)
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 am    
Post subject:

Yes, FirstSpot supports Multiple Logins concept (i.e. multiple devices). You can enable it by selecting "Allow Multiple Logins" attribute (under Shopping Cart, Plans or Users). Please note the followings:

1) To limit the number of devices, define "Max login limit" field.

2) For time limit, currently you can only limit at specific expiry time. Please pick either "Expiry date and time" or "After x minutes" field.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:58 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you for the informative and helpful response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: