SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Mobile Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 pm    
Post subject: Mobile Question

The school I am at uses your software for the public wifi. Connecting on mobile is difficult for many of us, I looked through the faq a bit, but did not see anything on the topic. Is there any adjustments we need to make as users to get connected with this connection easier? As it stands, my first connection of the day usually is fine, but if I move out of the building and re-enter since the last time I powered on my device, connecting is tricky. It shows that I am connected, but a lot of times I need to wait several minutes for it to reissue the agreement page, signing in and out and renewing the lease seems to expedite the process, but even then it has taken up to 10 minutes to reestablish a connection. Even upon letting mobile devices go to lock, we are often disconnected and have to go through the same ordeal again.

Summary of the problem (applies to mobile devices, devices tested include (with most recent OS): iPad air 2, iPad air 3, iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy s5, s4, edge);

-Connections on mobile can take a while to connect to the agreement page and until this is done, no access is granted
-Locking the screen can cause a disconnect feeding back into the loop of above
-Renewing the lease or manually disabling wifi, reenabling it does not seem to resolve the issue

Looking for any solution to get to the agreement page quicker and establish a connection when it is lost. Is there a way to manually try and connect to the agreement page when it is not showing up?[/list]
kilo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 pm    
Post subject:

To reiterate since it might not have been clear, I am a user on a firstspot net looking for user solutions, not the system admin.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot won't force the agreement page (captive portal) unless you change device or timeout. We need more information in order to troubleshoot this issue. In particular,

1) Which part of the reconnection process is slow? Please elaborate.

2) please email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com your agreement page. We can then try to guess your FirstSpot version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: