SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Supported social logins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordskylab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:07 am    
Post subject: Supported social logins

Hello . I'm considering buy FirstSpot for one project, and, I would like to know what are the current social logins supported (facebook, google etc).
Also, if possible the roadmap to support others that might not be supported now.

tks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 am    
Post subject:

Currently, we support Facebook, Instagram and Sina Weibo (mainly China users). We will add Google in the future.

Any other social network system you are interested?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 am    
Post subject: google

yep - google and microsoft live would be very nice... do you expect to have this in the near future? tks!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:30 am    
Post subject:

Google is definitely in the near feature. Microsoft should be the next one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:41 am    
Post subject: general overview

Ok - I've spent the last hour reading your website. What I need to do here I think that it is simple enough, I will try the trial anyway, but, just in case, here is my scenario:

I will have 80+ Aps deployed, and, all of them in different network segments. I understand that this will go to a router and I will have to setup different routes on the firstspot machine to make it work.

I need to provide free access using social login and also email autheticated login.

After that I need to make sure that the system will track all the URLs for that specific user, and write that to the database.

I'm also not sure what are the reporting capabilities of the system. Do I have any dashboard where I can see how many active users I have for a given moment? If not I guess that this will be available via some API or even the database?

Also, What kind of troughtput should I expect from a windows machine? I will use server grade machine, but I would like to know from your experience if this can handle 500M+ traffic. tks!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:49 am    
Post subject:

We have URL Tracking feature which basically log all the user traffic. The log is in text format so you can manipulate the data in any format you want.

For sizing, you can start with a machine with 6 cores and 8G RAM. FirstSpot is quite efficient and can take advantage of multi-core quite nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:45 pm    
Post subject: Source Port

OK - just started the trial version to make sure that it fits my needs.

There is a new law in Brazil that was issued last year that determine the we need to log, IP address, time, and user.
I understand that we can do that, the problem is that we will have just one public IP and hundreds of users using that same IP (behind NAT). What I need is to have username, time, and source port.

I've checked the CSV for URL tracking and seems that we have everything BUT the source port... can I add that?

Tks
Jeffrey
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 am    
Post subject:

We can add source port for you if you purchase FirstSpot.

Any what timeframe is your project if everything goes well? We want to allocate our internal resource for this change.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 pm    
Post subject: timeframe

We plan to buy the SW within 30 days.

Another 2 questions that I could not find answers.
Does the system provide mixed login types?
Ie.: I would like to allow social logins (facebook, instagram etc).
But, if the user doesn't have a social account, he needs to be able to login with his own email and confirm within 15 minutes for instance....

Other question is, where can I found the table that records all the social login information (name, gender, age etc).

Tks a lot for your fast support.
Jeffrey
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:53 pm    
Post subject:

Yes, we will support normal login and social network to coexist in the next v8.0.10 update. It will be ready in two weeks time.

We try to capture as much information as possible for the social network login. The information is stored in ODBC table fssninfo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:51 pm    
Post subject: beta

that's great.

any beta that we can try? or the beta will be released within 2 weeks? if you want to send any detail and dont want to be public, please send to this email: [email hidden]

tks a lot
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:33 am    
Post subject:

Actually, it is not beta but a formal upgrade. Once it is ready, we will inform you and you can download it at our trial page at http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/download_trial.html
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 am    
Post subject:

Our change to make both the normal username/password and social network login to coexist is almost ready. You should be able to download the new FirstSpot version by early next week.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:31 am    
Post subject:

You can now download social network patch at the below link:

http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/download/patch/8010/FirstSpot%20Social%20Network%20patch%202.zip

Please unzip and replace the files in your FirstSpot directory (there is directory structure within the zip file). Please backup the original files first.

Make sure one option is selected under Configuration Manager -> Authentication Server -> Login Option. You might need to pick one option and click Save again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 pm    
Post subject: source port

great - does it include the source port in the logs? tks a lot.
will test and let you know.
Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: