SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Auto-Delete Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:19 pm    
Post subject: Auto-Delete Problem

Hi
I'm in the process of setting up Firstspot (using firstspot804_trial) got most things set the way I want it and it works well. However can't get the Auto-Delete to work using removeUser.exe
I have Auto-Delete enabled in the plan I have created and accounts created using the plan show auto-delete enabled. If I use the "remove idle user(s) button on the user tab (set to 1 day) then it works fine and removes idle users. But I can't get it to work using Windows Task Scheduler (OS is Win 7 Pro, SP1) setup to run daily and set for 1 day (removeUser.exe 1) the task runs and completes but does not remove any idle user accounts.
Tried running removeUser.exe direct from a command prompt and it says "success" but again no accounts removed.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong ?
Cheers
Jimi
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:55 am    
Post subject:

The command is really the same when running it in the Web UI or manually in the Command Prompt.

Please check the following:
1) the user needs to login at least once
2) the auto-delete user attribute is enabled for individual user
3) when running in Command Prompt or Windows Task Scheduler, make sure the Windows user has administrator right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:34 pm    
Post subject:

Alan

1) the user needs to login at least once
Yes. I have 'Login automatically after successful sign-up' set on the Authentication Server tab and the user login/logout times are recorded in the user log

2) the auto-delete user attribute is enabled for individual user
Yes, the parameter is set in the only Plan I am using, I've looked at the users I have created and it's set there as well.

3) when running in Command Prompt or Windows Task Scheduler, make sure the Windows user has administrator right.

I think this is my problem, I tried running the command prompt as Administrator, it worked as before but this time the idle users were removed Cool
I've modified my task in Windows Scheduler to include the 'Run with highest privileges' parameter and I'll see how it goes when the task runs tonight

Cheers
Jimi
jimi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 am    
Post subject:

Works perfectly now, the problem was indeed the way the Windows privileges were set in Task Scheduler Cool
Might be worth adding something to the guide about setting the 'Run with highest privileges' parameter when setting up the Task in Task Scheduler ?
Thanks for your help
Regards
Jimi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: