SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Advertisment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdavy2002

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:21 am    
Post subject: Advertisment

Hi there,

We are an ad supported network. Is it possible to insert a floating Javascript header on every page? or is there any method that user can be shown an ad after x amount of time.

Thanks in advance folks.

Cheers
hdavy2002

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 am    
Post subject: Overlay

I came across this on your site. Can in browser overlay be used to insert a floating banner on all pages?

"Due to the increase popularity of browser anti-popup and smartphone client like iPhone/Windows Mobile (which usually doesn’t offer complete JavaScript support), we feel the need to invent a new way for this kind of communication. Our solution is In-Browser Message which is included in the latest v6. In essence, FirstSpot inserts a small overlay at the top of the browsing page. Extreme care has been taken to ensure that it will not affect the normal browsing experience. In fact, FirstSpot only turns on In-Browser Message -> disconnect reminder as default. FirstSpot operators are encourage to experiment with other types of In-Browser Message (We will include a new type called “Top Banner Mode” in the upcoming v6.0.2 update)."
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 am    
Post subject:

Yes, In-Browser message is designed for that.

The following formats are currently supported : message broadcast, disconnect reminder, always-on InfoBox, Internet surfing break, top banner mode.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 am    
Post subject: Great

Sounds great. I have two questions.

I have multiple network segments. After login, I would like to direct paid user to one segment and free user to another. On the paid segment, I don't want the in-browser message. Is that possible?

Also, is URL blocking possible and can the user be directed to an external page after he is blocked.

Lets says users goes to http://adultcontent.com, he gets blocked and is directed to http://mysite.com/why_we_block.html

Thanks once again
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:48 pm    
Post subject:

1) Sorry no. Currently, In-Browser Message is a system wide feature.

2) Yes, web filtering in the new v8.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm    
Post subject:

1) More to point 1 : it is possible to workaround the situation with 2 FirstSpot (one for paid user and one for free user).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: