SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

uaToken Csv update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiddenvision

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 pm    
Post subject: uaToken Csv update

Hi there,

I wanted to ask if the new uaToken.csv file is correct.
When I press the 'update file' button in the UI customization screen the file is replaced with another but this new file only contains 'm' and 'd' browser types. This makes my iPhone not display pages correctlty.
When I copy back the original csv this works and will display the iphone pages correctly.

Am I doing something wrong.?

Hv. Embarassed
Hiddenvision

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 pm    
Post subject:

Just to follow up.
I looked at the date of the uatoken file and the original is 2011 and the UPDATE is 2009 !!!

Hv. Razz
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 pm    
Post subject:

The update file feature is no longer maintain. Please use the one that comes with the original zip file.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 am    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,

I see that the Button calls a function that runs the Exe to fetch the list from your site, If you had another folder called devicelist7 (on this site) and put the V7 csv updates file in there, with a simple hex exit of the updateuatoken.exe file it will work with V7 perhaps.

If you do not have the time to do this then I could help by giving a little program to edit the exe file and then it will just need a folder creating on your site.

I guess then you can just ship the modified exe with the V7 distro and the new customer will never notice. No other changes need be made.

Then your V7 users can click the update button without fear of breaking things.

I can give you more info to fix this if you want.

Hv. Shocked
Hiddenvision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 am    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,

I have made the update to the Exe.
Perhaps you want to test it when you make the new folder.

it is on the original testspot site I have.
http://www.hiddenvision.co.uk/testspot/

I am sure that you can create files and folders on this site !! but if you need a different solution then I have a few, just ask.

If anything I am doing is giving cause for concern then please tell me and I shall stop telling you what I am doing. Laughing

Hv. Cool
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 am    
Post subject:

Well, actually this is not reason. We feel that as there is dependency between uaToken.csv and other files, we now update the file uaToken.csv in the actual FirstSpot release. In other words, the latest v7 should have the latest uaToken.csv file.

BTW, are you an existing customer? We cannot seem to locate your purchase record, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 am    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,

I did wonder if that was the case ie: the csv supplied is the latest but just thought that to have a button on the screen that can break the system was not a good plan. It is such a simple fix to either remove the button or to provide a folder on your site for the button to work, even if there will never be any update.

It had me scratching my head for a few days as I did not make the instant connection to the change in file and I never had a look at the original to see any difference.

Not knowing the full background to the software I do not know the development cycle or the current functions and features in relation to older editions.

Perhaps when the Blackberry-10 is more used then it may require a new browser type although I am sure that I can add this manually as required.

To answer your Purchase details question:
I am working with this software in conjunction with one of your customers that purchased V7 late last year. He has asked me to examine and configure the software.

I am happy to supply the purchase details if required, although perhaps not via public forum.

I am sorry to be only sending you messages about problems I find but this is what I do, although I do try to also provide the solution perhaps !!
I have only seen the software for 2 weeks so it is quite new to me.

I hope that my messages are not driving you crazy.

Hv. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: