SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Problems with MS SQL database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truzicka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:25 am    
Post subject: Problems with MS SQL database

I created the tables as outlined in the manual in my SQL 7 database, created the DSN and copied it into the datasource directory. I can create users and post time, but the no logging is being done into the fsusrlog table. I changed one of the fields in this table just to see if it would create an error in the "show log" section of the user tab and it does and the error goes away when I change the field name back to the correct ones but no logging is taking place. If I change the dsn back to the dbase dsn logging takes place. I was wondering if this was just a limitation of the demo version ( I just purchased the standard edition today but haven't received it yet) so I really need to get this working.
truzicka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:48 am    
Post subject: More info about my MS SQL problems

I was reading through previous posts http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38 in a message created by SteveJ and I also have the same problem that was reported. After a user signs in the first time, they are re-directed to their preferred site. However, after logging out which show successfull, on subsequent logins, it validates and the session info window comes up but they are re-directed to the login page again. I must go in and reset the user database before I can log that account in again.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:06 am    
Post subject:

Hello,

We'll do a quick test and let you know the findings.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:12 am    
Post subject:

By the way, can you please send us ( firstspot@patronsoft.com ) all the files under the FirstSpot\Log directory? Please also include those under the subdirectories.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
truzicka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:22 pm    
Post subject: FIRSTSPOT & MS SQL PROBLEMS

As a further note because you had only tested on MS SQL 2000, I installed MS SQL 2000 on the local Firstspot machine and changed the DSN to reflect the new server. Same problem so I'm pretty sure its not that the other database was on SQL 7. Also once again, I can create a new client which gets written to the database, but once you log in the first time all is ok but upon logout it doesn't clear the reserved 1 & 2 fields which causes a message that the user is still logged in or redirects back to the login page after successful login unless I stop the FS server and reset the database. Logging is still not being written to the new SQL 2000 database either.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:00 pm    
Post subject:

This problem has been resolved. After the database tables in question have been re-created exactly as stated in the documentation, users can logout successfully. Log information is also shown correctly.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
xnp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:12 am    
Post subject: same problem

i am getting the same problem. i don't understand what you mean by...

"This problem has been resolved. After the database tables in question have been re-created exactly as stated in the documentation, users can logout successfully. Log information is also shown correctly.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~"

Please help!!!
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:15 am    
Post subject:

I don't think you are having the same problem, please read our reply here:

http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1088#1088
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: