SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Quota Reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicklavoie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 am    
Post subject: Quota Reset

Hello, I am very new to this software. I am trying to use this software where the Hotel clerk can create new accounts on the fly for guests. Every guest is given a username and password and has a quota of 50MB per day. The problem is, no matter what I tried, the Quotas do not renew. They stay "exceeded usage" and the guests have to bug the hotel clerk to "Reset Quota" manually. I have tried using the Daily in the global settings, but it does not work.

FYI, I am currently using the Trial version because I want to study and learn this software before spending the $600.00 to purchase it since my customer demands it to be working flawlessly by the time we launch it at the Lodge.

Thanks!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 am    
Post subject:

For Quota reset to work, you need to run the program resetABW.exe at midnight in Windows Task Scheduler.

Refer to p19 of firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 am    
Post subject: re: resetABW.exe

I've started a task to run resetABW.exe at midnight but it never shows as "ran" just failed. it showed "could not run".

now, the manual doesn't have very specific details about creating this task, are there any specifics which you may be able to provide?
nicklavoie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 am    
Post subject: RE: re: resetABW.exe

actually, this is what I get when I try to create a new task with the same properties.

I'm using the Administrator account in windows (fresh installation) and there are no passwords.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am    
Post subject:

What Windows user did you use to install FirstSpot? Maybe you should use that Windows user (instead of Administrator).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am    
Post subject: re

I used the Administrator account. there are no other accounts on this system
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm    
Post subject:

Actually, you might need to set a password for your Administrator account. It looks like Windows user account without password might trigger the 0x800700005: Access is denied error in Windows Task Scheduler.

Please see http://forums.techarena.in/windows-security/742476.htm for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: